SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION GUIDELINES 2022
Acceptance this year begins February 1 and ends April 18 at midnight. Dates will be announced and posted in local Monterey County Schools. Applications will be accepted on the
Scholarship page. The Award Ceremony will be held
Sunday May 15, 2022 at Carmel Presbyterian Church, Carmel, CA
Yellow Brick Road accepts applications each year from Monterey County graduating high school seniors and Monterey County previous YBR scholarship recipients in need of assistance to continue their education at an accredited institution.
When the application process begins, we encourage students to submit their applications at least one week prior to the deadline. They should allow sufficient time to complete the application and gather needed documentation. When all the required items of the application are completed, your form is automatically transmitted to the Scholarship Director for review.
Partially completed applications are not considered.
Handwritten applications and essays are not accepted.
For all questions, please email:
Scholarships Director - Lynn Holt
CONSIDERATIONS FOR YOUR APPLICATION
• Applicant must be or have been a Monterey County high school student and a former resident of Monterey County.
• For first time applicants, personal letters of recommendation are required as evidence of Christlike character and active participation in a Christian Church Program.
• Applicant must be entering or continuing at an accredited college or
trade school in Fall 2022.
• An official transcript as evidence of academic effort and achievement is required.
• A FAFSA SAR (Student Aid Report) must be attached if the request is need-based.
We recognize the importance of Christian character to the growth of the church, and wish to assist the academic, spiritual, and community efforts of our young people upon
acceptance to the college of their choice.