SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION GUIDELINES 2021
Acceptance this year begins February 1 and ends April 18 at midnight. Dates will be announced and posted in local Monterey County Schools. Applications will be accepted on the Scholarship Page. The Award Ceremony will be held May 16, 2021 at Carmel Presbyterian Church, Carmel, CA
Yellow Brick Road awards college scholarships annually to Monterey County
high school graduates entering accredited colleges or trade schools
When the application process begins we encourage students to submit their applications at least one week prior to the deadline. They should allow sufficient time to complete the application and gather needed documentation. When all the required items of the application are completed your form is automatically transmitted to the Scholarship Director for review.
Partially completed applications are not considered.
Handwritten applications and essays are not accepted.
For all questions, please email:
Scholarships Director - Lynn Holt
CONSIDERATIONS FOR YOUR APPLICATION
• Applicant must be a Monterey County high school student and a resident of Monterey County.
• Personal letters of recommendation are required as evidence of Christlike character
and active participation in a Christian Church Program.
• Applicant must be entering an accredited college or trade school in Fall 2021.
• An official transcript as evidence of academic effort and achievement is required.
• A FAFSA SAR (Student Aid Report) must be attached if the request is need-based.
• The award ceremony date this year will be determined by the Shelter in Place
schedule. We will email you results and information accordingly.
We recognize the importance of Christian character to the growth of the church, and wish to assist the academic, spiritual, and community efforts of our young people upon
acceptance to the college of their choice.