On May 19th, we awarded 23 Scholarships to well deserving high school seniors bound for college. We do this once every year at Carmel Presbyterian Church. It is always an inspirational event. To the selection committee and our whole Yellow Brick Road Family of Volunteers, Donors, Shoppers, and Staff... You make all this possible! Thank You!
Please direct questions about the submission process to:
Mrs. Betsy Conron - Director of Scholarship Applications
SUBMISSION TIME GUIDELINES
We encouraged students to submit their applications at least one week prior to the deadline, which was midnight, April 15th, 2019. Students were encouraged to allow themselves several days to complete the application and gather needed documentation.
Partially completed applications are not reviewed.
* Handwritten applications and essays are not accepted.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR YOUR APPLICATION
• Applicant must be a Monterey County high school student and a Resident of Monterey County.
• Personal letters of recommendation are required as evidence of Christlike character and active participation in a Christian Church Program.
• Entering an Accredited College or Trade School Fall of 2019.
• An official transcript as evidence of academic effort and achievement is required.
• A SAR report of FAFSA must be attached if request is need based.
• Applicant must be able to attend the award ceremony at Carmel Presbyterian Church on Sunday May 19, 2019 at both services, 9:15-11:15AM.
We recognize the importance of Christian character to the growth of the church, and wish to assist the academic, spiritual, and community efforts of our young people upon acceptance to the college of their choice.
Yellow Brick Road Benefit Shop awards college scholarships annually for Monterey County high school students entering accredited colleges or trade schools